If I teach my baby sign language, will they not learn to talk? Will they become lazy??
Nov 21, 2018
We're busting some common myths about sign language in this podcast episode I was interviewed on. (My interview begins at 22:44 minutes into the podcast)
- Does sign language limit toddlers' ability to learn to talk out loud?
- How did I become interested in early intervention and sign language?
- Does teaching sign language help kids receive more positive feedback?
- When a child signs a word incorrectly, what should we do?
- Is it helpful to teach students more than one communication modality?
Want to listen? We talk about all these things and more in this myth-busting episode.
(My interview begins at 22:44 minutes into the podcast)
P.S. Honored to be invited to be a part of Talking With Tech podcast. Thanks to Rachel Madel, the Speech-Language Pathologist who interviewed me!
Send me the free printable checklists!
Did you download your Milestones Checklist for your toddler yet?
Are you worried your child is falling behind in talking skills?
These free checklists will help track your
child's development in the areas of talking + social skills.
And if your child is a bit behind, the lists give you action steps to catch them up!